Stir Fried Kale and Broccoli
Total time: 10 min
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Serve as a side dish or a vegetarian entrée for those looking to mix the lutein and zeaxanthin found in kale and spinach with the omega-3 of canola oil.
2 tablespoons canola oil
7 cloves garlic, sliced
1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
2 sun-dried tomatoes, cut in thin strips
juice of 2 limes
- Heat canola oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat.
- Stir in garlic and chilli; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broccoli; cook 1 minute.
- Add kale and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes.
- Pour in lime juice and season with salt to taste.
- Toss well.